PIMA COUNTY SPORTS & TOURISM
Our Mission Statement
The PCSTA improves the quality of life and increases economic opportunity in Pima County by fostering and supporting amateur and professional sports, and by coordinating with other municipalities, businesses and organizations to develop Pima County into an international sports tourism destination.
The Pima County Sports & Tourism Authority was established on April 1, 2008 by the Pima County Board of Supervisors as authorized by A.R.S. 11-701. Our current objectives are to:
- Foster, develop, promote and grow youth and amateur sporting events centered around our existing facilities, and attract non-professional sporting events and audiences from outside the region to demonstrate our value to the people of Pima County
- Continue our efforts to bring professional sporting events such as Major League Soccer, Rugby, US and foreign baseball in order to both improve the quality of life in Pima County, and to provide high-visibility sports success stories to National and International audiences to demonstrate Pima County’s unique qualities as a destination for Professional and Amateur sports events
- Develop a community-wide vision for the role of sports and sports tourism in the economic development for our county and our region
How we measure our success
We measure our success in two, very broad categories:
- Are we improving the quality of life for Pima County residents?
- Are YOU attending the events we sponsor and promote?
- Are we fulfilling YOUR desire for other types of sporting events?
- Are we bringing in audiences and business from outside the region to spend their sports tourism dollars with us?
For us, the Bottom Line really is the Bottom Line. If we are bringing you the sports you want to see and play, and if we are attracting crowds from outside the county to see and play those sports with us, then we are doing the right things.
Would you like to know more?
You can reach us during normal office hours at SPORTS@pima.gov, or at 520.243.7355, or you can access our Facebook and Linked-In websites for updates and scheduling information. We traditionally hold Board Meetings open to the public on the first Wednesday of each month from 11:30am to 1:00pm in the 7th Floor Conference Room at the Bank of America Building on 33 N. Stone Ave in Tucson, but please check our public notice and agenda page to ensure the schedule is up to date before you arrive.