and Adamson Tire and Automotive Company at 296 North Stone
Avenue, February 27, 1929, camera facing southeast
(photograph courtesy of the Arizona
Historical Society/Tucson, Accession No. BN24945).
immediately adjacent on the south, 294 North Stone, was gone
by the time the 1930 Sanborn map was prepared. In later years,
this photograph was used in newspaper articles about the history
of the dealership but with all indications of the Michelin
brand removed: Baum and Adamson had become a B.F. Goodrich
dealership by the mid-1930s.
back to main Historic Photos page